Events for 2014
1. A walk-a-thon is planned for Saturday, March 29, 2014. It starts at 7:00am at North Sound Golf Club . Sponsorship is needed.
2. The Lighthouse School will also be hosting a panel discussion on the evening of April 2, 2014 at the Mary Miller Hall starting at 7:00pm. Speakers will include Dr. Swan, an OT, Speech Therapist of the Wellness Center. This would take the format of an awareness and information gathering for attendees. This will be an informative session and all interested person who would like to learn more about autism are encouraged to attend.
3. On 2 April 2014, the Lighthouse School will have some activities focused on autism and a dress down day (dress in blue) will be held on this day. They will be asking other schools to participate in having a dress down day on the same day.
4. Youth Flex will focus on Autism Awareness Day on 2 April 2014 by having two students from the Lighthouse School as guest on the program.
5. Movie Day for students of the Lighthouse School on 4 April 2014 sponsored by Rotary Club.
6. A Family fun day will be held on 26 April 2014, at the Dolphin Discovery starting at 10:00 AM.
7. Awareness will be spread using the media through GIS, Rooster, Vibes, Love FM and Radio Cayman. DMS has been asked to advertise the activities on their notice board at the Hurley’s roundabout.